Each client will be assessed to see if they are eligible for free mediation. Devon & Exeter Mediaiton Practice does not undertake legal aid mediation and so if a client is eligible for free mediation, Adrienne will refer the client to a legal aid mediation service.
If clients are not eligible for free mediation, costs will be charged as follows (not subject to VAT):
- Initial telephone call assessment - free of charge.
- Information and Assessment meeting - £75
- Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting ( MIAM ) £75
- Provision of a signed court form (FM1, C100 or Form A) following a mediation £30 or following a MIAM or assessment meeting £40 unless the form is provided at the MAIM, in which case the total cost is £100
- Mediation sessions - £100.00 per person per hour
Cost will depend on the length of the session but they generally last about 1½ hours ie £150 per session per person.
- Paperwork - £75.00 per person per hour
A charge is only made for drafting letters or summaries of the discussions after each mediation session and the final summary documentation. Please discuss this with Adrienne for further clarification if needed.
At the conclusion of mediation, if finances are involved you will need a summary document of all your financial information. In addition you will need a formal document known as the Memorandum of Understanding which summarises your discussions and the decisions that you reached in mediation. It is this document that your solicitor would use if you wished any decisions to be made legally binding.
- Meeting children in mediation - £100 per hour shared between the parents
A typical mediation dealing with both arrangements for children and financial matters including paperwork would be approximately £800 - £1000 per person.
By comparison, solicitors costs incurred through negotiation or where applications are made to court can be in the region of £3000 – £20,000 per person, where all issues are discussed. In some cases they can be considerably more.
NOTE: None of these charges are subject to VAT.